Xion Audio Player

Two Hangs (related to skin XSF location?)

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby Harkonenn » October 22nd, 2006, 12:33 am

I noticed at least two situations which cause a nearly unrecoverable hang on my system:

1) Launching Xion by double-clicking on a skin which does not reside in the Interfaces directory and then opening the Choose Skin window - the window appears empty and system speed is so slow that CTRL+ALT+DEL takes nearly 2 minutes to respond.

2) Deleting the current skin from the Interfaces directory or deleting the current skin's preview XTN causes the same problem as in #1.

Although, I imagine that #2 may very well be healed in the next release due to the added feature of skin removal directly within the Choose Skin window. Just a guess...
Harkonenn
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » April 1st, 2008, 1:35 pm

Harkonenn Wrote:I noticed at least two situations which cause a nearly unrecoverable hang on my system:

1) Launching Xion by double-clicking on a skin which does not reside in the Interfaces directory and then opening the Choose Skin window - the window appears empty and system speed is so slow that CTRL+ALT+DEL takes nearly 2 minutes to respond.

2) Deleting the current skin from the Interfaces directory or deleting the current skin's preview XTN causes the same problem as in #1.

Although, I imagine that #2 may very well be healed in the next release due to the added feature of skin removal directly within the Choose Skin window. Just a guess...

Hurray another bug that slipped through the cracks. Does this still occur for you in the latest build?

If so, what version of Windows are you using?

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Return to Bugs (Release Build)