Xion Audio Player

Couple issues before I make a skin update

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby Lance » January 21st, 2010, 6:17 pm

Hey Cliff, peoples.

Haven't been around for a while but all seems pretty calm here, no topics regarding the skin I see, which is cool.

Anyways, I'll be making some updates for you cliff but wanted to point out a couple things.

I tried to add a save state for which embedded viz you are using (standard, circle thingy, revolving X) but nomatter how I tried it, it wouldn't work. Could you please look into that and if you can get it sorted, we can do that for the next build. Surprised nobody has mentioned the inability already.

Secondly is .wav playback. About 1 in 3 times I play a .wav (any file at all), there are random and extremely loud glitches and noises. If you pause or stop and then play again, they go away. I haven't been able to pick out why or when it does this, like after loading a certain file, while xion is running/opening with file etc, it all seems very random.

What are the chances of implementing being able to play .asx streams? For example, what you get at di.fm. No error message ocurs when you try but it just doesn't do anything. Keep having to use gay ass WMP for it...

That's about it for now. I'm wanting to implement the global colour theming for the bar mode with the update as well as improve the graphics somewhat.

Hope everybody is enjoying 2010 so far. Take care everyone.

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby Vinnie84 » January 21st, 2010, 8:50 pm

ahhhhhhh the skin guy has returned... ALL HAIL LANCE :P

From what i have seen not many (if any) people are using the built in vis anymore
Vinnie84
Xion Supporter

Postby djinn2 » January 22nd, 2010, 8:28 am

The save state needs some modification. As you mentioned it doesn't save the last viz you used. Any skin with multiple interfaces using layers rather than psds always default back to the initial interface (e.g. Xonenines Four). It would be great if the screen position of each sub interface was saved too.
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby Lance » January 22nd, 2010, 5:22 pm

@ Vinnie: Lol thanks man. By "built in vis" I mean the one I put on the player interface itself, not the vis plugin window.

@ djinn: Yeah man it could certainly use an all-round upgrade. The more new features that are added, the less the savestate seems to work.

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Return to Bugs (Release Build)