Xion Audio Player

Playlist issue

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby belunos » June 16th, 2010, 11:30 pm

Sorry if this has already been posted.. I looked through several pages and couldn't find anything on it.

Anyway, I have this issue where if I leave the player sit too long, or if my computer goes to sleep, when I come back and hit play it zooms through the playlist like it can't find any of the files. Closing and opening the app fixes this.

Win7 enterprise
music in My Music folder

btw, love the app.. hearkens back to the early winamp days, before they tried to throw everything under the sun into the player
belunos
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » June 18th, 2010, 6:52 pm

belunos Wrote:Sorry if this has already been posted.. I looked through several pages and couldn't find anything on it.

Anyway, I have this issue where if I leave the player sit too long, or if my computer goes to sleep, when I come back and hit play it zooms through the playlist like it can't find any of the files. Closing and opening the app fixes this.

The only issue I can think of is that your sound card isn't restoring existing handles correctly. You could try updating your Sound drivers to the latest?

You could run some tests by opening the Xion Configuration, switching to the Output tab, and changing the Output device to something else, then back, or switching the output Rate, or using Software Mixing. If any of these options fix it, it may well be your drivers.

belunos Wrote:btw, love the app.. hearkens back to the early winamp days, before they tried to throw everything under the sun into the player

Thanks!

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby belunos » June 24th, 2010, 3:37 am

Yep, drivers, that did the trick! Win7 was using a default driver, had to load the one from the manufacturer. Thanks a bunch, and again love the software :)
belunos
Xion Supporter

Postby Lance » June 26th, 2010, 8:01 am

I've actually had this happen once before as well. But Xion had been closed for a long time. I just opened it by opening a playlist file I play often. I recorded a video of it happening coz I actually found it quite funny! It flicked through every file maaad fast and it was all in red text. I tend to find visual errors rather humerous. :D

No idea what caused it though. Nomatter how often I rebooted Xion or my comp, it just didn't like the playlist anymore even though it was never edited or files moved. Couple weeks later it played again.

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Return to Bugs (Release Build)