Xion Audio Player

Circle7

Leave you feedback for skin authors who have published their skins on the Skins page

Postby Crotale » February 6th, 2010, 4:26 pm

Let me start by saying that I rarely use anyone else's skins besides my own, but this is such a nice looking skin that I just had to check it out. Overall, it is very sleek and elegant, but I found a few issues. The Random, Repeat, Playlist, Minimize and Exit buttons are way too small. Upscaling these buttons about 50% would do the trick. And what are the two button looking items to the right of the volume slider? They appear to do nothing.
Crotale
Xion Supporter

Postby lewa » February 7th, 2010, 4:26 am

Thanks a ton! :mrgreen:

The two blue buttons light up to the bass. If you play a song with a strong beat or something you'll see it. They weren't quite as bright as I'd like, though...

I agree that those controls are a bit small. It's hard to create symbols that are good-looking at small sizes. This size was really easy to work with (7x7 pixels does the trick for some reason, with small fonts and symbols), and I didn't really want to try a different one :oops:
lewa
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » February 8th, 2010, 2:06 pm

I'd have to agree those several buttons are small, but like you I've noticed that with shapes, like alot of fonts, certain sizing or even just moving operations break a threshold where they don't render well at all.

I'm liking the shading alot, that was a great job, really looks all of a piece, if you know what I mean...really hangs together well...good continuity..it declares "I make perfect sense being here, and that shadow, yeah, goes right there"...hehe :D

I kid but I mean it too, good job. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby lewa » February 9th, 2010, 11:49 am

Lol, best compliment I've gotten in a while :)
Thanks.
lewa
Xion Supporter

Return to Released Skin Feedback