Xion Audio Player

Xion 1.0 build 107 Beta Release

Beta Builds of Xion. These are builds that are not quite ready for Release, but need feedback and bug submissions in order to move it to Release Status

Postby Cliff Cawley » January 5th, 2009, 11:47 am

WinstonGFX Wrote:Does the playlist not support desktop alpha yet?

No it doesn't. In order to support it I'd have to create my own custom windows controls for the playlist and text box, at the least. If I want windows to handle those for me, I can't have Desktop Alpha :(

WinstonGFX Wrote:Is it my understanding that the border is for dragging to resize and edge is expandable but moveable parts?

Yup, pretty much :)

WinstonGFX Wrote:Also, I would love to option to stretch instead of tile for border and edge parts.

Yeah, I'll look at this later. For now, tiling is the fastest method.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby WinstonGFX » January 5th, 2009, 1:08 pm

hate to say it, Cliff... but without DTA, I don't wanna skin the playlist
WinstonGFX
Xion Admirer

Postby anemovatis » January 5th, 2009, 1:09 pm

WinstonGFX Wrote:hate to say it, Cliff... but without DTA, I don't wanna skin the playlist

I have to agree on that too.
I Design, I Exist.
anemovatis
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » January 5th, 2009, 10:19 pm

Whoa whoa, what's this? No alpha and you all immediately jump ship?

Most of the skins here don't even make use of it. I don't see where the problem is.

At the very least you can continue testing.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby WinstonGFX » January 6th, 2009, 5:25 am

You must make very simplistic designs for them to not look like garbage without DTA. Anything with curves is a bust.
WinstonGFX
Xion Admirer

Postby SLoB » January 6th, 2009, 7:39 am

Give em more and they expect more ;) :lol: just a general saying not aimed at anyone heheh ;)

it's still early days yet for the playlist, plus unicode support +lots of other stuff, cmon guys give Cliff a break ;)

I think the problem atm is that hardly anyone has been forthcoming with playlists or even problems related to skinning the playlist, I'm also guilty of not doing a playlist yet, I'm sure I could find issues with just doing a basic playlist let alone thinking about getting dta in there yet.
I think possibly get a few playlists sorted and then look to expand on it with some dta, I know there were other plans on improving Xion going beyond what we have now but not sure how far away that is, so would not like to speculate, I'm sure Cliff will be trying to add in dta but there is only so much that can be done

So in the meantime, just bosh up a few playlists and any issues or concerns with them so Cliff can iron out any further issues, small steps :)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby WinstonGFX » January 6th, 2009, 9:31 am

Cliff I've almost completed my skinned playlist but there are a few things that I am having trouble with.

The little arrow that indicates which song is playing, is there a way to change the color of it from white to a color of my choice like I could with the text and outline?

The borderl, borderr, edgel, and edger are spazzing out quite a bit upon stretching. I can show you the XSF if you'd like.

Also, there are some overlap problems with the pl_list section and a scrollbar when it appears. Is the scrollbar skinnable yet?
WinstonGFX
Xion Admirer

Postby xonenine » January 6th, 2009, 9:39 am

I'll make another one tomorrow too, been wanting to make these for awhile, been aking for 'em, it's only fair to test it out.xonenine :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby logokas » January 6th, 2009, 1:32 pm

Hey! Hey!

Guess what i just noticed!

Repeating is broken. You can't turn it off.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Cliff Cawley » January 6th, 2009, 1:34 pm

WinstonGFX Wrote:Cliff I've almost completed my skinned playlist but there are a few things that I am having trouble with.

Ok cool! Finally some feedback on the current iteration of the playlist! ;)

WinstonGFX Wrote:The little arrow that indicates which song is playing, is there a way to change the color of it from white to a color of my choice like I could with the text and outline?

Ah good point, no there is no way currently, I'll add it for the next build.

WinstonGFX Wrote:The borderl, borderr, edgel, and edger are spazzing out quite a bit upon stretching. I can show you the XSF if you'd like.

Hmm, could you send it to me to see what its doing?

WinstonGFX Wrote:Also, there are some overlap problems with the pl_list section and a scrollbar when it appears. Is the scrollbar skinnable yet?

Scrollbar isn't skinnable. I haven't noticed any issues. Do you have any special themes on?

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby xonenine » January 7th, 2009, 8:11 am

I started a thread in pre-release skins called playlist skins, maybe we'll get to see some of them.xonenine :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby SLoB » January 7th, 2009, 10:07 am

Would have to say that windows scroll bar is fugly :(

I know Cliff will add in customizable support for scrollbars and scroll tracks tho ;) :roll:

At least my post above has managed to kick start a bit of response :)
Will try and get to looking at a playlist too, we should be excited guys considering we have ALL been looking forward to getting skinned playlists in for a long long time, perhaps it lost its momentum.

We should try and help Cliff iron out the bugs with it tho, there is much work to be done
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Cliff Cawley » January 7th, 2009, 1:25 pm

SLoB Wrote:Will try and get to looking at a playlist too, we should be excited guys considering we have ALL been looking forward to getting skinned playlists in for a long long time, perhaps it lost its momentum.

We should try and help Cliff iron out the bugs with it tho, there is much work to be done

That's what has confused me, everyone has been dying to have skinnable playlists and now that I've finally started adding support, no one seems interested :(

Thanks for the feedback so far, I'm making progress to change. I'll be looking back into DTA at some point though, so don't everyone throw their toys away in a tantrum.

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby WinstonGFX » January 7th, 2009, 4:46 pm

Cliff, I think everyone was daunted by the task of creating a skinned playlist without a keyword chart.... but not I ;)
WinstonGFX
Xion Admirer

Postby Cliff Cawley » January 7th, 2009, 9:09 pm

WinstonGFX Wrote:Cliff, I think everyone was daunted by the task of creating a skinned playlist without a keyword chart.... but not I ;)

Hehe well thanks for giving it a whirl! The keyword chart is exactly the same, just with some extra keywords that can be found in the playlist.psd in the default.zip, as I'm sure you discovered ;)

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Previous

Return to Beta Builds