Xion Audio Player

Xion 1.0 build 109 Beta Release

Beta Builds of Xion. These are builds that are not quite ready for Release, but need feedback and bug submissions in order to move it to Release Status

Postby Cliff Cawley » February 15th, 2009, 5:48 pm

Jikaru Wrote:1.) The seeking doesn't work properly for me.
Without holding shift: I hear nothing, but when I stop (while still seeking) i hear a little pop of sound and it continues to kinda make a pop sound when I stay there.

Have you tried dragging it slower? Without shift held down, Xion tries to seek in realtime, if you drag it around you won't hear to much unless you drag slower.

Jikaru Wrote:With holding shift I hear that popping noise even when im moving the seek.

I can't reproduce this at all, can anyone else? Are you holding shift first, then attempting to drag? If so, it should just be updating the Seek % and information in the Title field and not affecting the song at all.

Jikaru Wrote:2.) When the Main and Playlist are snapped together, when you go to resize the playlist, the main bar will get grabbed and move instead. I think this happens when you try to resize the playlist on the edge that they are together on. Also I think this only happens when the main is the active window. I confirmed on my end that's what happens.

I can't reproduce this at all either. Perhaps its the way you have them arranged on screen. Can you post a screenshot which shows the correct location of the windows before you resize the playlist?

Also, can you double check the version you have installed? Right click on the main window and choose About Xion and make sure its 109? I think there may have been a problem like this in an earlier build, but I can't reproduce in 109.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby logokas » February 15th, 2009, 8:43 pm

I can reproduce the seeking bug. It's exactly as Jikaru says, however, when holding down shift, seeking BACK from the point of where the song was at first, and then waiting for a bit, the song starts to play again ( if holding down shift ). Normal seeking doesn't work at all.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby ALAS » February 16th, 2009, 3:18 am

Cliff, you,ve mentioned in the changelog "Fixed the Album Art in the playlist so that it correctly shows " Maybe I´ve got something wrong, but in the playlist album art isn´t displayed at all. A feature like that (in a way sorted by album e.g.) would be great of course. Maybe it´s meant, in case I add an album art layer in my playlist?

For the over-over-over thing (sorry to mention that again) it works almost perfectly now, except sometimes after having pressed a button, the (over) layer below this one doesn´t show up again.
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » February 16th, 2009, 7:52 am

ALAS Wrote:Cliff, you,ve mentioned in the changelog "Fixed the Album Art in the playlist so that it correctly shows " Maybe I´ve got something wrong, but in the playlist album art isn´t displayed at all. A feature like that (in a way sorted by album e.g.) would be great of course. Maybe it´s meant, in case I add an album art layer in my playlist?

Yes, I mean that if you add an albumart layer to your playlist skin, it now works :)

For the over-over-over thing (sorry to mention that again) it works almost perfectly now, except sometimes after having pressed a button, the (over) layer below this one doesn´t show up again.

If you have a good example of this, send away and I'll look at it. Obviously keep it as simple as possible so that I can see the bug, and include a quick step by step on how to reproduce. Thanks!

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby ALAS » February 17th, 2009, 6:39 am

Cliff Cawley Wrote:If you have a good example of this, send away and I'll look at it. Obviously keep it as simple as possible so that I can see the bug, and include a quick step by step on how to reproduce. Thanks!

I sent some simple example, and I guess I know where the bug comes from, at least I figured out how to reproduce it always (explained it in the message) :)
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby ryushe » February 28th, 2009, 6:26 am

I have one simple request.
I just upgraded from the 95 release, and so far the new one works like a charm.
The one thing I really miss right now (after seeing the 'new' playlist) is the progress bar that was present in the older playlist. The type of skins I prefer to use (UNSC V2 for instance) are minimalistic, no progress bar is present. This is great most of the time, but every now and then I listen to mixes around 1-2 hours long, and wish to skip a bit. I used to open the playlist for that and drag the progress bar around a bit, then close it again and be happy for the next 2 hours.

Is there any chance we can see the progress bar come back in the playlist? Somewhere between the tracktime/total playlist time and the search field?
Me love you long time if you will :)

Overall, Xion has always just worked for me, and this new beta doesn't seem to break the pattern. Only thing I noticed was the Last.FM Scrobbler plugin won't work with this version, something about it being version 4 but needing 5 or the other way round.

Greetings from a long time Xion user and forum lurker.
Keep it up :)
ryushe
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » February 28th, 2009, 12:00 pm

ryushe Wrote:I have one simple request.
*snip*
Is there any chance we can see the progress bar come back in the playlist? Somewhere between the tracktime/total playlist time and the search field?
Me love you long time if you will :)

I do hope to yes, however now that the playlist is skinnable it means that those making the skins can choose which controls to show. So while the Default Playlist skin may have the progress bar, you can't expect all Playlist skins to. That's a side effect to allowing the playlist to be skinned.

ryushe Wrote:Overall, Xion has always just worked for me, and this new beta doesn't seem to break the pattern. Only thing I noticed was the Last.FM Scrobbler plugin won't work with this version, something about it being version 4 but needing 5 or the other way round.

Yup, version 5 is unicode, version 4 was multibyte. I'll release a new Scrobbler plugin when the builds are no longer Beta.

ryushe Wrote:Greetings from a long time Xion user and forum lurker.
Keep it up :)

Hi and thanks!

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby SLoB » March 1st, 2009, 5:50 am

Hmm Cliff
how about adding in a kind of requirements criteria for skinned playlists?

i.e. before uploading your main skin file should contain at least these buttons and your playlist (if skinned) should contain xxx?
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby logokas » March 1st, 2009, 8:24 pm

Bad idea. We definetly shouldn't restrain our skinners, it would put off a whole lot of people.

There's a chance that they won't bastardize the playlist skins anyway.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby SLoB » March 1st, 2009, 11:25 pm

it's not restraining, its making it clear that certain things are required

if you look at the submission to winamp for example, they have basic requirements for skins to be accepted, this is for everyones benefit
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby logokas » March 2nd, 2009, 11:07 am

True, but we're talking about minor features here.

I'd like to see these restrictions Winamp skin submission has, though.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby logokas » March 4th, 2009, 9:50 am

So i loaded up the default interface supplied and i was freaked out by this:

It took me a while to figure out what that picture was doing there. Then i realised it was actually an album art layer, and since i was playing an mp3 from my desktop, it chose itself a jpg from there, too.

Nice way to give people bug ideas, Cliff. :D

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 4th, 2009, 7:13 pm

logokas Wrote:Then i realised it was actually an album art layer, and since i was playing an mp3 from my desktop, it chose itself a jpg from there, too.

Nice way to give people bug ideas, Cliff. :D

Heh, well actually I wouldn't necessarily call it a bug.

Album art by nature can be named many things and is usually a JPG in the same folder as MP3s.

So Xion tried several common names, followed by a bunch of other names and then managed to just use any JPG that it found in the same directory as the MP3. I'm pretty sure that's how normal album art works, but I guess I could tighten it up so that it doesn't attempt to guess the names so much. Of course if I do that, someone will file a bug to say it doesn't display their Album art named JJLajsdkjkjh44908x.jpg

In fact I just checked 2 other audio applications and they do the same as Xion in this case. Use the first image available when an appropriate one can't be found :)

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby logokas » March 4th, 2009, 7:44 pm

Yes, i know. I didn't call this a bug, i just thought it was one for about an hour.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 4th, 2009, 9:38 pm

logokas Wrote:Yes, i know. I didn't call this a bug, i just thought it was one for about an hour.

Haha, ahhh, I see :P

There should be plenty more bugs for you to find in the next release ;)

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds