Xion Audio Player

Xion 1.0 build 110 Beta Release

Beta Builds of Xion. These are builds that are not quite ready for Release, but need feedback and bug submissions in order to move it to Release Status

Postby WinstonGFX » March 17th, 2009, 11:29 am

My new skin runs flawlessly on 110.... and DTA on the Playlist looks great! Not getting any of the errors others are experiencing so far.
WinstonGFX
Xion Admirer

Postby Jikaru » March 17th, 2009, 11:41 am

Sounds great winston ;)

Oh and pertaining to the id() problem you guys are experiencing, This screenshot shows that this is not a problem for me and this screenshot serves a second purpose to illustrate what happens with the "group gray eyes bug" I mentioned earlier. The layer set displayed and the skin currently displayed on Xion are the same and in Xion b1.110.

This is also a peek at the Fast & Furious skin im currently making lol. And my boss XP Seven desktop :p
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby xonenine » March 17th, 2009, 11:47 am

my artifacts are actually specific text from a song title.I'm not getting any other artifacts, just 3 dots. :)

And on the missing layers, I'm talking more along the lines of 20 layers or so,all same id,
in each case where this occurs, is why I say it seems to be the number of layers. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Jikaru » March 17th, 2009, 11:53 am

oh ok, Cause I have 10 and this is not a problem, it must be a numbers thing. Of course eventually it will be a problem when I start adding more stuff for each id. But Im not even sure I can come up with 20 things under the same id...what the hell kind of skin calls for more than 20 things under each id?
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby xonenine » March 17th, 2009, 12:22 pm

well, I merged down to 9 and 12 layers now, its still an issue, so its not the numbers I guess. :) As to why 20 layers, well, 8 buttons, over states, panel elements, it's easy to go over 20. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Jikaru » March 17th, 2009, 12:50 pm

I suppose with my new skin I have multiple elements being different colors on the same psd (which I may just change it to two different psd's for the sake of this particular bug.) On a sexy note in b1.110 it seems the seeking works properly now and I love it...thanks a bunch Cliff im not sure how you did it but it sounds much better :D
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby djinn2 » March 17th, 2009, 1:31 pm

Cliff Cawley Wrote:
djinn2 Wrote:I'm still getting an error message when using the 'Play now in Xion' context entry on folders. The other file association errors seems to have been fixed :)

Hmm what error are you getting djinn2?

This is the error message I get:

I've installed Xion onto a clean install of Windows XP with the same result.
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby OfficerMike07 » March 17th, 2009, 1:50 pm

djinn2 Wrote:This is the error message I get:

I got the same error the first time I ran the new build too... but my case can be explained by the fact I had deleted the last played track since the last time Xion was open.
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 17th, 2009, 6:26 pm

Am looking into the layering issues now.

For those of you that have the playlist crashing, is it with the default playlist, or only on your custom playlists? If its the custom playlists then please send them to me, seems there's a bug somewhere. Most likely its assuming there should be layers that you didn't create.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 17th, 2009, 6:31 pm

Jikaru Wrote:1. One thing that exists in 109 that I just found today (thanks to a newer skin), Is that when You have a group layer hidden (which in turn in photoshop hides all layers in that group but has a grayed out eye instead of no eye) but in Xion b1.109 it still shows those layers that are in the group with "grayed eyes." *Confirmed for Xion b.1.110 as well*

Xion ignores all groups that aren't animation groups. It therefore doesn't care if about that global visibility flag.

I can look at adding support in the future in order to help set default visible states. It would mean that you won't be able to show those items though unless you explicitly told each and every one to show using a modify() call

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 17th, 2009, 6:49 pm

Cliff Cawley Wrote:Am looking into the layering issues now

Ok I've tracked down the layering issues. It was caused due to some recent changes to accommodate Animation sets so that they can be supported over sliders, as the sliderbits.

Essentially if you have a group that doesn't have the animation keyword in it, any layers within that group will be completely ignored!

Of course in all my test skins I don't actually have the layers structured like this, hence I never saw the problem!

So, what would you all prefer. A re-release of 110, or 111 as a hot fix just to fix this issue?

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby logokas » March 17th, 2009, 7:26 pm

Hotfix 111! Afterall, it's what betas are for.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Previous

Return to Beta Builds