Xion Audio Player

Xion 1.0 build 111 Beta Release

Beta Builds of Xion. These are builds that are not quite ready for Release, but need feedback and bug submissions in order to move it to Release Status

Postby djinn2 » March 25th, 2009, 8:56 am

Ive not had a problem at all with the playlist. I tested your playlistX.psd Jikaru and it worked perfectly fine for me. Nice skin btw :) I even dumped over 8000 mp3s onto the player and it updated with no problems. I'm running WinXP Pro SP3 FYI

If I use the explorer context menu to play or add files then the problem does occur, but only in this instance on my system.
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby Jikaru » March 26th, 2009, 12:38 am

Just recapping....for my sake and possibly others...

1. The playlist doesn't update until it's the focused window.
2. The playlist loading when dragged over itself causes Xion to over-use resources and crash. (possible leak?)
3. The sliderbits snap to the bottom of progress when dragged/clicked.

and thanks djinn, it'll be finished as soon as Cliff stabilizes a build and everything I want to implement works enough to release it.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby sajadkk » March 28th, 2009, 7:04 pm

i found a bug related to playlist, my xion crashed all time when i tried this

1. open playlist
2. resize playlist
3. repeat this step until ur screen become gray ( in my case 30-60 times )
4. now crash report dialog appears
-----------------------------------------------------------
" Insufficient memory to create bimap. close one or more application to increase available "

some times i'm getting this message when i press 'Print Screen' Button
after getting gray screen, at that time crash report never appears
(Only 1 application is opened)
by sajadkk
sajadkk
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » March 29th, 2009, 12:18 am

After I installed a new skin, I realized it had a skinned playlist.The skinned playlist skin doesn't revert to the default when you switch skins, it remains on the user created playlist skin.Upon reverting to default skin, to try to bring up default playlist, the default playlist has a border around it about 20 pixels wide.I guess that's why we aren't supposed to upload them yet, but it was an opportunity to see this behaviour.So far nothing will revert the playlist, not even a manual drag. :(

Of course a reinstall will fix this, but I'm going to mess w/ it a few more minutes.

Let's not screw up users opinion of the stable Xion by doing this.

Edit: deleting the user created skin also gets rid of this problem quite nicely, hehe.(after you find the delete option greyed and do it manually from the folder location)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » March 29th, 2009, 1:56 am

Well, that could get someone hopping mad...After deleting the user skin, the playlist abberation remained, after a reinstall of 109, it still remained! Only thing that will get rid of it is staying in 111, or a clean install.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Jikaru » March 29th, 2009, 4:36 am

xonenine Wrote:After I installed a new skin, I realized it had a skinned playlist.The skinned playlist skin doesn't revert to the default when you switch skins, it remains on the user created playlist skin.Upon reverting to default skin, to try to bring up default playlist, the default playlist has a border around it about 20 pixels wide.I guess that's why we aren't supposed to upload them yet, but it was an opportunity to see this behaviour.So far nothing will revert the playlist, not even a manual drag. :(

Of course a reinstall will fix this, but I'm going to mess w/ it a few more minutes.

Let's not screw up users opinion of the stable Xion by doing this.

Edit: deleting the user created skin also gets rid of this problem quite nicely, hehe.(after you find the delete option greyed and do it manually from the folder location)

I have no idea what your talking about...Nor has anything remotely happened to me...my playlist changes when I load different skins and I can change it without problems...
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby xonenine » March 29th, 2009, 5:18 am

its simple really.If someone uploads a playlist that only works in 111, or crashes in other versions, it affects everyone who isn't beta testing 111.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » March 29th, 2009, 5:56 am

for instance, this is how the skinned playlist that works fine in 111 affects the default playlist in 109:

things like that are why I thought we weren't publishing skinned playlists yet. :)

xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby logokas » March 29th, 2009, 7:13 am

If people are publishing said things, they should explicitly include in the comments or preview images that it's for a specific build. Obviously things break in older betas that work fine in newer ones, and vice versa.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 29th, 2009, 11:20 pm

I've said several times that its not a good idea to publish skins that rely on Beta builds. I guess lately though people have given up waiting for a new public build. I just realised its been almost a year since a public build, due to the large amount of time it took me to make the skinned playlist! :|

I've fixed almost all issues here, just working on the resize crash.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Jikaru » March 30th, 2009, 8:30 am

Oh xonenine, yeah thats an obvious no-no on other peoples part for releasing skins for beta builds because there are problems that persist and soon enough we'll have another stable build, I sense in a few more betas builds it will be the dawn of a new age for Xion.

Thanks Cliff, Yea I don't really resize my playlist widly every time I use Xion and it hasn't stopped me from using it, so I don't feel you should waste a ton of time on it if you can't fix it. If you feel it might take a few more builds worth the time then I wouldn't hold it against you to continue with more important things. :D And if you've fixed the playlist loading thing thank you.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby xonenine » March 30th, 2009, 9:08 am

Well hell, I didn't mean to raise your hackles.I'm one of the people who requested a skinned playlist, I'm 100% all for it.I only mention uploading skinned playlists because errors generated by them are more pervasive.Where a skin error is pretty much contained to the single skin, playlists are shared.If it helps any, any skin I release has to work in the stable Xion, I'm not releasing anything that has new beta features.Sorry that you feel any of this was directed at you, it was directed to people uploading skinned playlists. :)

edit "there is the album art, obviously, I'm guilty of that.The worst thing that it can do is not show in stable xion, and I've accounted for that. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Jikaru » March 30th, 2009, 11:01 am

I understand ow what you were trying to say Xonenine, I thought at first your were posting about a bug, it's just not really a bug but an understanding that skinned playlists shouldn't be uploaded till at least a new stable build because of obvious reasons...
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 30th, 2009, 6:45 pm

Ok I think I've fixed the resize crash now too, so we'll see how the next build goes (I've never been able to reproduce it, but I think it was a resource issue.) I've added a fix for a resource leak I found so that should hopefully fix it for good.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Previous

Return to Beta Builds