Xion Audio Player

Xion 1.0 build 111 Beta Release

Beta Builds of Xion. These are builds that are not quite ready for Release, but need feedback and bug submissions in order to move it to Release Status

Postby Jikaru » March 22nd, 2009, 11:50 am

Lance Wrote:Spotted a bug regarding sliderbits, just the regular old single layer ones. They are aligned correctly when you're not touching them, but when you click and drag them, the top of the sliderbit snaps to the bottom of the actual slider base, so the whole bit moves downwards on drag. This has just appeared in either 110 or 111, probably 110 seen as this is just a quickfix build.

Peace, Lance

Actually this wasn't like this for me in 110 but it has surfaced in 111...kinda weird.

As for the keyboard configurations bug, it seems it is your keyboard interfering with other commands that may be shared with your keyboard settings...mostly I come to this assumption because on the site they say that the keyboard has it's own macro feature. If you have macro's set and try to use say ctrl+alt+pgdwn you may be telling your keyboard to press totally different buttons which would cause Xion to not respond to them. So check your keyboard macro settings and anything else that may interfere with Xion. My global hotkeys work fine in b1.111.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby dragoon » March 23rd, 2009, 3:18 am

Jikaru Wrote:As for the keyboard configurations bug, it seems it is your keyboard interfering with other commands that may be shared with your keyboard settings...mostly I come to this assumption because on the site they say that the keyboard has it's own macro feature. If you have macro's set and try to use say ctrl+alt+pgdwn you may be telling your keyboard to press totally different buttons which would cause Xion to not respond to them. So check your keyboard macro settings and anything else that may interfere with Xion. My global hotkeys work fine in b1.111.

Sorry, I didn't specify. I don't have the software installed for the keyboard at all. No macros are used, either. It's just a generic keyboard with generic buttons when Windows is concerned. The problem, I think, is that when I try to set a key in Xion it automatically adds Ctrl + Alt to it, which is not what my Keyboard is inputting.

I'll download the original release and see what happens when I try to set my keys in a few minutes.

Thanks for the response though!

EDIT:
Ok, Using the Xion for USB when I attempt to add in my keys, it works great! When I click Assign and press my Next key on my board it inputs "P" Thats it. Nothing more, nothing less. Just "P".Back is "Q".

So, Xion 111 is forcing it to use Ctrl + Alt + P for next, which effectively makes it not work. Just a simple checkbox that turns off the key crafting, (and by that I mean when it automatically adds Ctrl + Alt if you don't press enough keys) would potentially solve this issue. :?
dragoon
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » March 23rd, 2009, 5:31 am

Cliff added this forced keys feature in this last build. Why, i don't have a clue.

Do tell us why, Cliff!

If i'm not mistaken, this forced feature means configurable media keys can't be used, because of the Ctrl+Alt requirement. Same goes for Laptops which emulate a keypad via a tangible Numlock feature.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Jikaru » March 23rd, 2009, 12:49 pm

I suppose it was added then, although mine still works fine (without changing any settings).

Yea that sliderbit thing is bothering the hell outta me now lol.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 23rd, 2009, 6:20 pm

Hi all,

The reason for the forced Ctrl+Alt if you only press a single button, is quite simple. Its for GLOBAL hotkeys. If you bind say P to play in Xion then every time you type the letter P in Word, or Firefox, or whatever, you will instead trigger Xion to Play. Global Hotkeys are supposed to have some form of modifier applied to them. Previous versions never enforced this, when they should have. It was merely an oversight on my part.

I even added a short piece of text at the top of the Global Hot Keys tab that says
Global Hotkeys will work even when Xion is not the active window. You should include some modifiers such as Ctrl and Shift instead of using just single keys.

I'm not forcing the Ctrl + Alt, as you could press just Ctrl + P and it will allow that instead.

At some point I need to add the ability to use normal hotkeys, that AREN'T global. That will of course mean that the Xion window needs to have focus in order to use them though.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 23rd, 2009, 6:55 pm

Lance Wrote:Spotted a bug regarding sliderbits, just the regular old single layer ones. They are aligned correctly when you're not touching them, but when you click and drag them, the top of the sliderbit snaps to the bottom of the actual slider base, so the whole bit moves downwards on drag. This has just appeared in either 110 or 111, probably 110 seen as this is just a quickfix build.

Peace, Lance

Hmm is this on the main player, or the playlist?

I just tried here and I can't reproduce. It also doesn't happen on the default skin. Must be the way you've setup the slider.

Can you send me a small test skin that shows the issue, Lance?

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby sajadkk » March 23rd, 2009, 8:11 pm

when i try to add a new track to the playlist , it is not showing the added track until i click on the playlist. Sometime it is showing but sometime not :!: . I tried many skins but still it happens :( .

when i drag a file into the playlist, no problem
but when it drag into the player, same problem exist :? .
sajadkk
Xion Supporter

Postby Lance » March 24th, 2009, 12:07 am

Cliff Cawley Wrote:

Peace, Lance

Hmm is this on the main player, or the playlist?

I just tried here and I can't reproduce. It also doesn't happen on the default skin. Must be the way you've setup the slider.

Can you send me a small test skin that shows the issue, Lance?

It's my Psyunit skin if you still have it. They're set up just fine, they've been working since day 1 of coding. It's a strange bug because sometimes it repositions correctly when you let go but sometimes it doesn't. If it was a problem with how they're placed, then the bug would be consistent.

Anyways, don't worry about it too much. I may be changing them all together (use the new sliderbit anim :)) so no worries. Also, I've noticed sometimes that bugs appear only on the skin you have active when you upgrad the build version. A reinstallation of the skin fixes this most times though.

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby xonenine » March 24th, 2009, 12:50 am

I'm noticing a minor problem in that the full screen skin will reposition itself 1 pixel to the left and 1 pixel down if you left click on the skin.I have a snaprectangle layer.I can't say it's specific to build 111, I've gone back as far as 109, where it still occurs.:)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby logokas » March 24th, 2009, 2:19 am

I've noticed this too. When hitting the reset position button in the config for Shimmer, it doesn't properly center it, either. For me at least. Using a 1280x1024 resolution.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby dragoon » March 24th, 2009, 3:00 am

Cliff Cawley Wrote:Hi all,

The reason for the forced Ctrl+Alt if you only press a single button, is quite simple. Its for GLOBAL hotkeys. If you bind say P to play in Xion then every time you type the letter P in Word, or Firefox, or whatever, you will instead trigger Xion to Play. Global Hotkeys are supposed to have some form of modifier applied to them. Previous versions never enforced this, when they should have. It was merely an oversight on my part.

This shouldn't effect those of us who have non-configurable media keys, which are static and unable to include SHIFT or CTRL or ALT. It only inputs what it is ("P" for instance), and when Xion is forcing it to input Ctrl + Alt It doesn't work at all. I can't hold Shift and press the media key because that doesn't work either. I also never had a problem with it starting/stopping when my media keys were used in previous versions. All I'm asking is a simple checkbox or option button that would allow this to be disabled, perhaps even include a warning? I can't keep using Xion if I can't change songs with my media keys.. :cry: Hypothetically, If it's going to start and stop a song every time I push P, suppose that's the intended outcome that I desire? Is that so wrong? :tongue:

I even added a short piece of text at the top of the Global Hot Keys tab that says
Global Hotkeys will work even when Xion is not the active window. You should include some modifiers such as Ctrl and Shift instead of using just single keys.

I'm not forcing the Ctrl + Alt, as you could press just Ctrl + P and it will allow that instead.

At some point I need to add the ability to use normal hotkeys, that AREN'T global. That will of course mean that the Xion window needs to have focus in order to use them though.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

I realize the logic behind this, however it is entirely preventing me from using my hotkeys. My keyboard doesn't input "P" into whatever I have open when I push Next with my media buttons. It never has. I also never had a problem before this was added. My global hotkeys always worked just fine whether Xion was in focus or not. I am unable to do a combination of keys with my Media buttons. I don't want a string of keys, just one. :arrow: You may not be forcing Ctrl + Alt specifically, but you ARE forcing some combination of keys which breaks my media buttons entirely.

The non-global hotkeys wouldn't be something I would use if my global ones worked. It doesn't seem that appealing to me at..

Having to minimize my application/game to change the song is really killing my love for Xion!

It was merely an oversight on my part.

I believe that wasn't an oversight on your part at all. I think it was a feature, and one I used more than any other.
PLEASE! I'm on my knees here.. ](*,)
dragoon
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 24th, 2009, 9:09 am

sajadkk Wrote:when i try to add a new track to the playlist , it is not showing the added track until i click on the playlist. Sometime it is showing but sometime not :!: . I tried many skins but still it happens :( .

I've attempted to reproduce this but everytime I drag a song onto the main window, the playlist is cleared and the new song is displayed. Is anyone else able to reproduce this?

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 24th, 2009, 9:11 am

dragoon Wrote:PLEASE! I'm on my knees here.. ](*,)

Ah ok, I see the problem here. I really need to find a keyboard that has these non-functioning keys so I can test.

I'll do as you suggest and instead of forcing the keys, I'll put a warning on the Apply button. That way it makes the user aware of the issue if they bind it to say G or something.

Sorry to bring you such hardship, I'll fix it for the next build :)

(In the mean time you're more than welcome to roll back to build 109)

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby dragoon » March 24th, 2009, 10:45 am

Cliff Cawley Wrote:
dragoon Wrote:PLEASE! I'm on my knees here.. ](*,)

Ah ok, I see the problem here. I really need to find a keyboard that has these non-functioning keys so I can test.

I'll do as you suggest and instead of forcing the keys, I'll put a warning on the Apply button. That way it makes the user aware of the issue if they bind it to say G or something.

Sorry to bring you such hardship, I'll fix it for the next build :)

(In the mean time you're more than welcome to roll back to build 109)

Thanks!
I look forward to the new build. :cheers:
dragoon
Xion Supporter

Postby Jikaru » March 24th, 2009, 10:25 pm

Cliff Cawley Wrote:
sajadkk Wrote:when i try to add a new track to the playlist , it is not showing the added track until i click on the playlist. Sometime it is showing but sometime not :!: . I tried many skins but still it happens :( .

I've attempted to reproduce this but everytime I drag a song onto the main window, the playlist is cleared and the new song is displayed. Is anyone else able to reproduce this?

Actually yes Cliff I can, It seems that my playlist does not update itself until my playlist window is active, this may also be related to why Xion crashes when resizing.
And I can reproduce the sliderbit thing as well, its fine untill I click it to move it, then the center of the sliderbit docks to the bottom of the progress and it returns to normal after I release it:
Here is a skin that this happens to, also you have playlistX.psd from the last time I sent it to you...in that playlistx.psd I have the previous problem and the crashing happening...
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=dd6f ... b5aa27078d
Jikaru
Xion Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds