Xion Audio Player

Xion 1.0 build 113 Beta Release

Beta Builds of Xion. These are builds that are not quite ready for Release, but need feedback and bug submissions in order to move it to Release Status

Postby Jikaru » April 17th, 2009, 10:14 am

xonenine Wrote:I did notice that if you resize the playlist small, there are artifacts that stay on the screen still. I don't really bother pulling the playlist around the screen resizing, either.

They are always generated bottom right of playlist, they are always 6 or 8 white dots, they seem to be text. :) xonenine.

I only get this when I resize quickly on and off. For instance if it is the smallest it can be and I quickly grab and "fling" it downward I get artifacts on the right. Doesn't appear when I do it slowly though. And it never has shown when resizing to the smallest size, even when I "fling" it.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby logokas » April 17th, 2009, 6:18 pm

I've found some brand new problems.

My Xion just started malfunctioning out of the blue. It stopped while playing a playlist, then when i hit next it continued, but when i hit next again, all the info changed, timer stopped, VUs stayed still, but the previous song kept playing. After hitting next a few times, it now no longer plays any music. It switches the song in the player and playlist, but won't play it. And when double clicking a song, it's time dissapears. A restart fixed the problem for now.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Jikaru » April 18th, 2009, 12:11 am

logokas Wrote:I've found some brand new problems.

My Xion just started malfunctioning out of the blue. It stopped while playing a playlist, then when i hit next it continued, but when i hit next again, all the info changed, timer stopped, VUs stayed still, but the previous song kept playing. After hitting next a few times, it now no longer plays any music. It switches the song in the player and playlist, but won't play it. And when double clicking a song, it's time dissapears. A restart fixed the problem for now.

I had this problem back in 100. Where after Xion ran for a while, If I switched songs (via playlist) while another song was playing enough it would just cease to play anything, it would switch like you describe and hitting next or anything would do just as you describe...But I haven't had this problem since 110.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby logokas » April 18th, 2009, 5:01 am

In that case the switching is not what's causing it, and apparently it's the most rarest of bugs in Xion, ever.

And here i thought i found a new bug. Whoops.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Jikaru » April 18th, 2009, 5:03 am

I never mentioned it because it seemed to have resolved itself, and hasn't come up in months.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby Deathy » April 22nd, 2009, 4:31 am

Hello everyone, I'm new on this forum :)

I've got a boring bug with this build of Xion.
When i try to create my playlist with my whole audio files ( + - 9000 tracks ), the loading stuck at 10%. "10% added".
So it's me or it's a bug? :)

Thanks to read this bug :)
Last edited by Deathy on April 23rd, 2009, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deathy
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » April 22nd, 2009, 7:29 am

Deathy Wrote:Hello everyone, I'm new on this forum :)

I've got a boring bug with this build of Xion.
When i try to create my playlist with my whole audio files ( + - 9000 tracks ), the loading stuck at 10%. "10% added".
So it's me or it's a bug? :)

Thanks to read this bug :)

Hi Deathy and Welcome to the Xion Community!

Are you able to narrow it down to a particular file? If you add all the files in a couple of smaller chunks instead of all, does it work?

I can only assume there's a buggy file in the ones you are adding, so if you can narrow it down and send me the file, that'd be great!

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby dissonance » April 22nd, 2009, 11:13 pm

Hey guys, I'm experiencing a little problem on the player. I use to select my music to play by adding directories with right click's context menu, "Play now in Xion". By doing this, the player says "Error playing: c:\whaterverdirichose", just like trying to play the dir itself as a music file. Of course I can skip the alert and start playing manually, but I guess this is not the expected behavior.
Is this a known issue or what? I'm experiencing this since beta 109 at least.

Thank you for your committment!

PS: I still can't use last.fm plugin, should I use the non beta release to scrobble?
dissonance
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » April 23rd, 2009, 12:27 am

dissonance Wrote:Hey guys, I'm experiencing a little problem on the player. I use to select my music to play by adding directories with right click's context menu, "Play now in Xion". By doing this, the player says "Error playing: c:\whaterverdirichose", just like trying to play the dir itself as a music file. Of course I can skip the alert and start playing manually, but I guess this is not the expected behavior.

PS: I still can't use last.fm plugin, should I use the non beta release to scrobble?

Hi dissonance,

Ah it might be broken in the latest beta's. I'll look into it and fix the issue. Out of interest which version of Windows are you using so I can reproduce here?

As for the last.fm, yes you'll need to use non-beta for now, as I haven't remade the scrobble plugin for the new plugin api. I will be remaking it as soon as I've done another public release. (As soon as this round of Beta's stabilise)

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby dissonance » April 23rd, 2009, 12:44 am

Cliff Cawley Wrote:
dissonance Wrote:Hey guys, I'm experiencing a little problem on the player. I use to select my music to play by adding directories with right click's context menu, "Play now in Xion". By doing this, the player says "Error playing: c:\whaterverdirichose", just like trying to play the dir itself as a music file. Of course I can skip the alert and start playing manually, but I guess this is not the expected behavior.

Hi dissonance,

Ah it might be broken in the latest beta's. I'll look into it and fix the issue. Out of interest which version of Windows are you using so I can reproduce here?

As for the last.fm, yes you'll need to use non-beta for now, as I haven't remade the scrobble plugin for the new plugin api. I will be remaking it as soon as I've done another public release. (As soon as this round of Beta's stabilise)

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3, almost sure the issue is there on the SP2 too.

Thank you for your hard work, I can finally forget about winamp ;)!
dissonance
Xion Supporter

Postby Deathy » April 23rd, 2009, 12:54 am

Cliff Cawley Wrote:Hi Deathy and Welcome to the Xion Community!

Are you able to narrow it down to a particular file? If you add all the files in a couple of smaller chunks instead of all, does it work?

I can only assume there's a buggy file in the ones you are adding, so if you can narrow it down and send me the file, that'd be great!

Thanks to welcome me :)
Ok, you are right, it's the track that got a bug, I can't read it with VLC. But it's a good luck, I think you should add something in the software to ignore the corrupted files, what do you think about that ?

I got a suggestion about the playlist. When we double click on the title on the playist, I think the playlist should take all the desktop.

I also think that u must put the Xion icon in the task bar in green + the play logo when it play a song...

I hope u'll understand me :p

EDIT: I remember another thing, i'm from Belgium and here we use letters like é è ù and so and so, but the display on Xion is fvcked up... :)
Deathy
Xion Supporter

Postby OfficerMike07 » April 23rd, 2009, 6:30 am

Crash!

Clicked on the "Small" button on Leuchtstoff's "Crest" skin (not in Xion's gallery, available on deviantART); Xion immediately crashed. Sent an error report.

32bit Vista Home Premium SP2
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby Rutabaga » April 23rd, 2009, 11:16 am

Another newbie here. I'm having an issue with the snaprectangle layer. I'm not sure if it's a bug, a feature, or my misunderstanding of how that layer works.

I have a portion of the background layer that extends above and below the snaprectangle region. When Xion draws the skin, the region above the snaprectangle is missing, but the region below is fine. If I remove/rename the snaprectangle layer, the entire background displays fine.

I can produce the effect using the skin from the first tutorial (tut1.psd) and adding a transparent snaprectangle layer that is 200x100 and centered on the background. The tops of the red and green circles are cut off.

I'm using GIMP on a Mac in case that makes a difference.

Thanks.
Rutabaga
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » April 23rd, 2009, 11:35 am

The snaprectangle is meant to define an outer edge of the skin for positioning or snapping to another skin element or the screen edge and as such you need to set it at least to the outer edge of your skin.

Overlapping the snaprectangle is sure to produce unusual and probably undesirable results. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Jikaru » April 23rd, 2009, 2:05 pm

xonenine Wrote:The snaprectangle is meant to define an outer edge of the skin for positioning or snapping to another skin element or the screen edge and as such you need to set it at least to the outer edge of your skin.

Overlapping the snaprectangle is sure to produce unusual and probably undesirable results. :)

I actually would not think that Xion would cut off elements outside of the snaprectangle. the snaprectangle is there to be purely functional not graphical. So I would have thought that you could specify a smaller snap area that the skin itself...actually I have done this before and nothing has happened to the skin i used...

But since his problem consists of the top disappearing, I have not used a snaprectangle below the top of a skin...so I wouldn't know until I tried, but I have used it short of the bottom with no ill effects.

@ Deathy: We all miss the old display of the tray icons... :p
Jikaru
Xion Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds