Xion Audio Player

Xion 1.0 build 116 Beta Release

Beta Builds of Xion. These are builds that are not quite ready for Release, but need feedback and bug submissions in order to move it to Release Status

Postby Cliff Cawley » May 18th, 2009, 9:19 am

Jikaru Wrote:it shouldn't have been changed in my opinion. Program Files/r2 studios/Xion/Skins was a more appropriate place for the skins.

Had to in order to be Vista/Windows7 and future version compatible. You can't store application data in Program files without Admin access. Its the same for XP, just not enforced because by default everyone runs as Admin. If however you have a work PC that they lock down, then it would mean you'd never be able to install skins for Xion at work.

I'm thinking about moving the skins path again though, to perhaps My Documents, but I'm not sure about that yet. I'll decide before release.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Lance » May 18th, 2009, 11:39 am

Yo Cliff. I haven't been around for a while but just downloaded this. I have a couple key issues which should need looking at.

Firstly though, build 115 completely emptied what I had saved in the Library. All of the default channels are there but everything else that had saved has gone. It's the first time it's happened in all of the builds. It's still empty in 116 too.

Next, 116 has deleted all of my hotkeys and shortcuts. I haven't uninstalled and reinstalled, I just install over the top like I have done for every other build too. But this time, all saved hotkeys have gone.

That's it for now. Hope you can get those fixed.

On a personal note, I'll be in touch shortly with the skin. I've had another paid project to work on recently so that's taken priority. But as far as the skin goes, I will have to make some changes as now I've coded it, I don't like it. And if I don't like it, aint know way I'm settling for it! But I'll be in touch.

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » May 19th, 2009, 7:16 pm

Lance Wrote:Firstly though, build 115 completely emptied what I had saved in the Library. All of the default channels are there but everything else that had saved has gone. It's the first time it's happened in all of the builds. It's still empty in 116 too.

Fixed for 117, thanks!

Lance Wrote:Next, 116 has deleted all of my hotkeys and shortcuts. I haven't uninstalled and reinstalled, I just install over the top like I have done for every other build too. But this time, all saved hotkeys have gone.

Fixed for 117. I changed some formats but forgot to write some converters from the old format. 117 will correctly convert from 115 and before now (as 116 should have).

Lance Wrote:On a personal note, I'll be in touch shortly with the skin. I've had another paid project to work on recently so that's taken priority. But as far as the skin goes, I will have to make some changes as now I've coded it, I don't like it. And if I don't like it, aint know way I'm settling for it! But I'll be in touch.

Ok, I think your skin is pretty much the last step now. Other than that we're good to launch. Once I have your skin I'll do a final Release Candidate and then we're good to go I think.

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Deathy » May 20th, 2009, 4:53 am

When you check for a new version, the whole program freeze the time you get the answer from the server, it's not normal I think? :)
Deathy
Xion Supporter

Postby the_man550 » May 21st, 2009, 7:09 pm

I don't know if this came with this build, probably didn't, but I don't know where else to post it.

Anyway, when you move any window close to the edge of the screen, it automatically attach itself to it, as you know. Problem is though, that it isn't all the way out there - you can still see the background between the window and the edge of the screen.
Just feels/looks a bit weird...

Oh and I second deathy, it's been like that since at least 113.
Hellouuuuuuuu
the_man550
Xion Supporter

Postby Lance » May 22nd, 2009, 3:06 am

Found another little bug man.

Minimize Xion to the tray icon, not the taskbar tab. Then close Xion. Launch Xion again and the player is still minimized which is fine. But then if you use ctrl+alt+num5, the interface doesn't reappear, no matter how many times you do it. Also, double clicking the tray icon doesn't bring up the interface either.

The only way to bring it back is to select 'Main Interface' manually from the tray menu. After you've done it once though, the hotkey and double click works again. So it's just on initial launch if Xion was minimized the last time it was running. Hope that makes sense! :)

EDIT:

Oh and something else I've been wanting to mention for a while. I can't recall when it came about again but the bug has arrisen before and was fixed I believe. When the interface is set to 'Always On Top', some application panels and elements still appear above the player and look as if it's weaving into the application below it. Photoshop is a good example if you wish to test it, place the interface over the edge of any panels you have open. Here's a screeny:

But yeah, this happened before but was fixed. Z index needs increasing it seems! :)

EDIT 2:

the_man550 Wrote:I don't know if this came with this build, probably didn't, but I don't know where else to post it.

Anyway, when you move any window close to the edge of the screen, it automatically attach itself to it, as you know. Problem is though, that it isn't all the way out there - you can still see the background between the window and the edge of the screen.
Just feels/looks a bit weird...

Oh and I second deathy, it's been like that since at least 113.

This depends on whether the skin you are using has a snap rectangle in the PSD or not. If the player has a drop shadow but has no snap rectangle, the player will snap to the first pixel that isn't 100% transparent (the very edge of the shadow). If you find it to be a problem, you could always edit the sin itself and add your own snaprectangle layer.

Peace, Lance

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby logokas » May 22nd, 2009, 6:22 am

Those 'overlaying' graphics actually occur when a program does it's own skinning ontop of Windows' windows. Turn on a Windowblinds skin and you'll see some heavy clipping going on. I'm not sure if anything can be done about it.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Lance » May 22nd, 2009, 12:16 pm

logokas Wrote:Those 'overlaying' graphics actually occur when a program does it's own skinning ontop of Windows' windows. Turn on a Windowblinds skin and you'll see some heavy clipping going on. I'm not sure if anything can be done about it.

Well I'm not using windowsblinds or any custom theme at all. Plus this hasn't happened for a long time. I always have Xion over Photoshop but it's only occured again within the last 2 or 3 builds. He fixed it before so it can be fixed again.

Peace, Lance

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » May 22nd, 2009, 12:51 pm

Lance Wrote:
logokas Wrote:Those 'overlaying' graphics actually occur when a program does it's own skinning ontop of Windows' windows. Turn on a Windowblinds skin and you'll see some heavy clipping going on. I'm not sure if anything can be done about it.

Well I'm not using windowsblinds or any custom theme at all. Plus this hasn't happened for a long time. I always have Xion over Photoshop but it's only occured again within the last 2 or 3 builds. He fixed it before so it can be fixed again.

Peace, Lance

Actually I didn't do anything before, I guess it just went away and now its back :|

Not sure what it would be as I've never reproduced it ever before.

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Jikaru » May 22nd, 2009, 1:40 pm

I currently do not have the problem Lance mentioned about the z depth. I keep Xion atop photoshop constantly, this may be a OS problem? I use XP Pro SP3 or it could be a graphics card rendering...Is weird.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby logokas » May 23rd, 2009, 2:42 am

No, the graphics card has nothing to do with it. Photoshop itself skins it's windows with customized graphics. It's the method of drawing that may sometimes overlap Xion. It's not intentional, and probably neither Cliff or the designers of the other program have any blame in this. Just a mismatch or a clash of two sets of custom visuals.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Jikaru » May 25th, 2009, 11:47 am

I know Photoshop CS4 has a custom window now, but Xion as a whole could probably be brought up a level but it's probably an access issue where Xion would probably need administrator to do it, although if photoshop can do it so can Xion...so It's probably fixable.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby Rutabaga » May 25th, 2009, 12:29 pm

A very minor complaint:
It seems the default tooltip for the Visualization toggle button (viswindow layer) is missing. That's assuming it's supposed to have one; although everything else seems to....
Rutabaga
Xion Supporter

Postby Chewy_Solo » June 1st, 2009, 10:04 am

I can no longer use ALT + anything for binds. It just does the key following alt.
Chewy_Solo
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » June 1st, 2009, 11:27 pm

Chewy_Solo Wrote:I can no longer use ALT + anything for binds. It just does the key following alt.

Yes, this is because Alt+Key is commonly used for all menu systems through Windows. I.e. Alt+F is the File Menu in many applications.

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds