Xion Audio Player

Xion 1.0 build 118 Beta Release

Beta Builds of Xion. These are builds that are not quite ready for Release, but need feedback and bug submissions in order to move it to Release Status

Postby Cliff Cawley » August 1st, 2009, 3:30 pm

P-I-N Wrote:Cliff, Are you going to release a portable version:?:

That would be great!!!

Yes, I'll release a portable version once the Beta's are stable. Currently I'm just waiting for Lance to finish the new skin.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby SLoB » August 1st, 2009, 6:25 pm

Any luck on that mp3 Cliff? was it the long album name or something else?
Not sure if you fixed the issue with adding tag info where it doesn't save it as the file is in use?
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby logokas » August 1st, 2009, 10:47 pm

Cliff Cawley Wrote:
Ok, I'm not sure what's going on here, so let's see if we can find out:

When you perform a fresh install, the installer creates C:\Program Files\r2 studios\Xion\Interfaces (or wherever you installed to) and places the Default.zip in there.

When you run Xion for the first time after the installation, if Xion can't find the MyDocuments\Xion folder, it will create it, along with an Interfaces folder (and some others). It should then copy the Default.zip into the new Interfaces folder.

1) So can you do a fresh install and before clicking Finish to Run Xion, have a look to make the Interfaces folder with the Default.zip was created in your installation directory. Now also check to make sure that there is no Xion folder in My Documents.

2) Now click the Finish button, which runs Xion. It should copy the Default.zip to MyDocuments\Xion\Interfaces.

I'm assuming this is where it has the copy error? I think the only reason for the error is that the destination couldn't be made, or the source doesn't exist, in which case you would have problems in the first step.

Let me know where it fails and we'll go from there.

Okay, after a long absence, i'm back, and before i back everything up, i took a look at this issue again.

And guess what? I discovered an unreadable file from My Documents, with no extension. Just a name. Xion. Apparently, an extensionless name prevents a folder with the same name from being created. Renaming what appears to be a dummy file allowed the installer to properly install it's My Documents folder.

All is well now. Just in case, i'll keep this file in my backup, you might be interested in it, Cliff.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Cliff Cawley » August 2nd, 2009, 9:26 am

SLoB Wrote:Any luck on that mp3 Cliff? was it the long album name or something else?

Yah, I sent you a quick email to let you know. It was essentially a long album name.

Title: Building the Church
Artist: DrCode & Synthz
Album: Steve Vai Real Illusions:Reflectionssdfefsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsd fsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsd fsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsd fsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsd

(I introduced several spaces in there so it didn't kill the post display) No idea what the reason for the fsdfsd, etc is for. Perhaps its supposed to overflow apps.

Xion was handling it perfectly, the only part that wasn't handled properly was the Xion -> MSN integration and that's where it crashed.

Anyway, its all fixed now

SLoB Wrote:Not sure if you fixed the issue with adding tag info where it doesn't save it as the file is in use?

Is the the same file that its playing? Or a file that's in use by another application on your system? Refresh me :D

Last edited by Cliff Cawley on August 2nd, 2009, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Cliff Cawley » August 2nd, 2009, 9:28 am

logokas Wrote:Okay, after a long absence, i'm back, and before i back everything up, i took a look at this issue again.

And guess what? I discovered an unreadable file from My Documents, with no extension. Just a name. Xion. Apparently, an extensionless name prevents a folder with the same name from being created. Renaming what appears to be a dummy file allowed the installer to properly install it's My Documents folder.

All is well now. Just in case, i'll keep this file in my backup, you might be interested in it, Cliff.

Hah yeah, I love how Windows can't handle that. There's not really much I can do. If I force a delete on a file when I can't create a folder, I could destroy something of the user's.

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby logokas » August 2nd, 2009, 6:08 pm

Put in an error message for it, then. At the very least it should provide an error message instead of just 'Can't create'. It was pretty puzzling, and will confuse people who don't really know a damn thing about how OSs work.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby SLoB » August 2nd, 2009, 9:45 pm

No idea what the reason for the fsdfsd, etc is for. Perhaps its supposed to overflow apps.

This was a previous test when I was testing the tags, looking for holes when testing a previous beta, I left it as is, good job though otherwise it wouldn't have found that bug lol ;).
The trying to change the id tags on an mp3 which is being played by Xion only brought up the msgbox of file is in use whether the file was playing or just sitting in the pl.

To me it should be possible to change any of the id tags while the song is playing, I would expect it to save the new info and possibly have a little squeak while doing so (ie if playing and the track is saved with the new info it will introduce a slight pause/play while the file is being saved)
PS. you might wanna put a wrap in that string Cliff, it's breaking the forum width in FF
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Venom » August 19th, 2009, 2:14 am

I'm a big fan of Xion and i just downloaded the beta version...nice job with the playlist skin....but....can u put some more usefull features in it....like..a reset buton for EQ....and the posibility to save custom presets...im really missing them :( ....and...afther i installed the beta..i noticed the EQ bands are aligned over the Odb line....also it would be very cool if u can make it to show current song in Yahoo Nessenger!
Thanx for reading and good luck !!
-sorry for bad english-
Venom
Xion Supporter

Postby WinstonGFX » August 19th, 2009, 3:10 am

Venom Wrote:I'm a big fan of Xion and i just downloaded the beta version...nice job with the playlist skin....but....can u put some more usefull features in it....like..a reset buton for EQ....and the posibility to save custom presets...im really missing them :( ....and...afther i installed the beta..i noticed the EQ bands are aligned over the Odb line....also it would be very cool if u can make it to show current song in Yahoo Nessenger!
Thanx for reading and good luck !!
-sorry for bad english-

Dude, just select "Flat" in the EQ to reset it. Also, I wouldn't consider Yahoo Messenger track calling "more useful".
WinstonGFX
Xion Admirer

Postby Cliff Cawley » August 19th, 2009, 9:01 am

Venom Wrote:I'm a big fan of Xion and i just downloaded the beta version...nice job with the playlist skin....but....can u put some more usefull features in it....like..a reset buton for EQ....and the posibility to save custom presets...im really missing them :(

Yes, saving Custom EQ will come after the next public release. I've been stabilizing the build for a while now and hope to release soon.

Venom Wrote: ....and...afther i installed the beta..i noticed the EQ bands are aligned over the Odb line....

Not sure what you were saying here? They're aligned over the 0db as that's in the 'Off'/'Reset' state. What should it be?

Venom Wrote:also it would be very cool if u can make it to show current song in Yahoo Nessenger!

I'll look into it for a future release

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Previous

Return to Beta Builds