Xion Audio Player

Xion 1.0 build 122 Beta Release

Beta Builds of Xion. These are builds that are not quite ready for Release, but need feedback and bug submissions in order to move it to Release Status

Postby davydm » September 30th, 2009, 1:55 am

Good day

I just updated to the 122 beta and noticed that Xion is keeping handles to .wma files open even when not playing. Yes, I know, .wma is evil and should be purged -- some have snuck into my 120 gig collection ):

I noticed this when trying to eject the removable drive upon which is my music -- I couldn't. I used the Unlocker utility to find that Xion was holding open handles to many many .wma files -- even though I hadn't played them. I assume that the files were opened at the load of the playlist and just not properly closed.

This bug, apart from making it difficult to remove a removable drive Xion was playing from, is probably causing an unwanted use of memory.
There is no shame in not knowing. The shame lies in not finding out. (Russian proverb)
davydm
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » September 30th, 2009, 9:17 am

davydm Wrote:Good day

I just updated to the 122 beta and noticed that Xion is keeping handles to .wma files open even when not playing. Yes, I know, .wma is evil and should be purged -- some have snuck into my 120 gig collection ):

I noticed this when trying to eject the removable drive upon which is my music -- I couldn't. I used the Unlocker utility to find that Xion was holding open handles to many many .wma files -- even though I hadn't played them. I assume that the files were opened at the load of the playlist and just not properly closed.

This bug, apart from making it difficult to remove a removable drive Xion was playing from, is probably causing an unwanted use of memory.

Thanks for the report davydm, I'll have to see if I can reproduce this and get it fixed

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby krt16 » October 1st, 2009, 5:49 am

Dont know if it is just me being dumb or something, but the crossfading on my player was active after I installed the build 122. I do not like crossfading so I went to the settings to turn it off, and noticed that crossfading was not activated in the settings menu, but was active on the player. So I tried to activate it in the settings menu and it was deactivated then. So Crossfading (as it is at my comp) is active at the player when its not in the settings menu
krt16
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » October 4th, 2009, 4:14 am

Hahah, remembered the saving of tag info

Cannot save tag info on an m4a track, comes up with error file is in use
CAN save tag info on an mp3

not checked any other file types but I suspect there may be issues with other files?
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby logokas » October 4th, 2009, 9:56 pm

My VC++ Runtime error has returned. I'm going to need the crash log-enabled build from you, Cliff, since it seems i'm the only one who gets this, and i have no idea how to reproduce.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Dilinger » October 5th, 2009, 9:10 pm

logokas Wrote:My VC++ Runtime error has returned. I'm going to need the crash log-enabled build from you, Cliff, since it seems i'm the only one who gets this, and i have no idea how to reproduce.

Same problem ! Revert to build 121.
Windows 7 version = "6.1.7600.16385"
Dilinger
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » October 6th, 2009, 8:54 am

So the problem is Win7 specific? Well, that explains why nobody else besides us techies have noticed this.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Cliff Cawley » October 6th, 2009, 12:48 pm

logokas Wrote:So the problem is Win7 specific? Well, that explains why nobody else besides us techies have noticed this.

I develop Xion on Windows 7. Perhaps you should put that gun away logokas, you've used it too much lately :)

Can I have the exact error message? I doubt its related to the runtimes, more likely its just a crash.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby logokas » October 6th, 2009, 5:16 pm

It's just the basic 'Has encountered fatal error' message. No error codes or crash dumps.

And i'm not on the gun, i don't have anything against 7 as an OS, just saying the whole Vista/7 quirks can be troublesome more often than not.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby SLoB » October 6th, 2009, 7:23 pm

I too will be moving to Win7 Pro very shortly, managed to evade Vista crap even though I had it since Oct 2006 (used it a few times in 3 years lol).
Win7 has to be the way forward, if they f**k it up this time then they are doomed.
Will still be keeping the XP hdd as standby tho lol ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby logokas » October 7th, 2009, 12:54 am

The bug suddenly happened during the stream, out of nowhere.

The exact error message is: Runtime Error! Abnormal Program Termination.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby SLoB » October 7th, 2009, 1:12 am

hmm logokas I know this doesn't help with your error but repeat that error in an Arnie voice ;)
And that's how I imagine it heheh ;) 2 verbose or not 2 verbose ;)

Check eventvwr, it might be able to shed a little more light on it
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby OfficerMike07 » October 9th, 2009, 4:23 am

krt16 Wrote:Dont know if it is just me being dumb or something, but the crossfading on my player was active after I installed the build 122. I do not like crossfading so I went to the settings to turn it off, and noticed that crossfading was not activated in the settings menu, but was active on the player. So I tried to activate it in the settings menu and it was deactivated then. So Crossfading (as it is at my comp) is active at the player when its not in the settings menu

Nah, you're not going crazy; I have this problem too. A simple workaround until it's fixed: enable crossfading, but with time set to 0.
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby logokas » October 9th, 2009, 6:45 am

"Enabling" the crosshair disables it. Just a minor bug, really.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby xonenine » October 16th, 2009, 2:42 pm

I have found I can't close the equalizer/configure panel once I open it in 122.Am I the only one who is experiencing this?

It only seems to happen with some skins...

Also, I like the new playlist.thanks, :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds