Xion Audio Player

Xion 1.0 build 73 Beta Release

Beta Builds of Xion. These are builds that are not quite ready for Release, but need feedback and bug submissions in order to move it to Release Status

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 4th, 2007, 1:14 am

WARNING:
This is a Beta Build. That means it has fixes and features that are NEW. It is also possible it has bugs that are NEW! If you are looking for stability, please don't expect this build to be perfectly stable. It may have issues. If on the other hand you are happy to try this build out and post any bugs back in this thread, then please do!

Download:
r2 Studios Server -> http://www.r2.com.au/downloads/files/beta/qa-xion_v1.0b73.exe
OR
Xion Server -> http://xion.r2.com.au/download/beta/qa-xion_v1.0b73.exe

Changelist:
  • Add Support for the following file formats: mo3,umx,aac,mp4,m4a,ac3,ape,mac,cda,mpc,mp+,mpp,spx,tta,wv,ofr,ofs
  • Fix not being able to view file information on the first item in the playlist
  • Update FMODEx to 4.06.08
  • Ensure that the Fmod system is initialized before making any calls to it (the player may have been in the middle of destroying itself)
  • Ensure string copy lengths are more accurate to ensure there are no overruns
  • Update FMODEx to 4.06.09
  • Fix Playlist so that items are added better, without refreshing the entire list each add
  • Abstract the XionPlayer class ready for adding BASS Audio Library Support
  • Add "tags" library for helping with Tag Reading from various formats
  • Add support for the BASS audio library. Implementation about 80% done
  • Force XCCH_TOGGLESHOWHIDE to set the window to the foreground when SW_SHOW is set
  • Fix BASS overridden SetVolume call not working
  • Small changes to core in order to return a blank osc if one couldn't be drawn
  • Ensure the sound buffer has been cleared and reset on construction
  • Add BASS_Fx Plugin for BASS Equalizer
  • Add support for BASS Equalizer
  • Nuke tags in its current form ready for re-add
  • Add tags to Xion system
  • Add tags framework to project
  • Remove the Speaker Output options as BASS has an incredibly insane way of setting it up *sigh*
  • Ensure speaker variable is disabled by default
  • Fix bug in BASS when you press Play and its already playing whereby the stream doesn't restart
  • Updates to improve support for BASS functions
  • Fixes to the playlist to use threaded time grabbing
  • Fixes to the remembering of last played items due to threaded playlist loading
  • Update Tags library to version 9
  • Update tags with aac reading support
  • Add support for Reading Tags using the tags library
  • Modify playlist to accept mpc format
  • Add initial support for gathering supported file extensions from current Audio Player
  • Add support for the playlist to display Filetypes from XionPlayer which means they are dynamically loaded, instead of being a static list.
  • Tweak the playlist a bit for dragging and dropping within in the list
  • Fix up the DataParser so the file is read in all at once, instead of in chunks - Thanks James!
  • Add better Streaming support to XionPlayerBASS
  • Fix CDA support in XionPlayerBASS
  • Fix Tag support in XionPlayerBASS
  • Ensure Playlist and FileType Registration both read the dynamic FileType list from XionPlayer
  • Ensure XionPlayerFMOD4 doesn't report duplicate Fileformats
  • Add support for User Formatted Display String for the Track Title/Playlist Titles
  • Fix Short filetypes from being recognised by the Playlist Manager
  • Add Selected/TotalTime label to the Playlist
  • Fixed Playlist double click issue mixed with drag and drop
  • Fixed XionPlayerBASS not setting sync points correctly and not moving onto the next song
  • Add Registration for inserted media (from such things as usb drives)

If you find bugs specifically related to this build, please post them here instead of the Bug reporting forum. Any feedback positive or negative should also go in here, no new threads. This way all feedback, etc related to this build will be in the one place.

This Build has a LOT of new changes. It will no doubt be broken in a lot of places, however I think I've found and fixed most of them. Please download and try it out and if you get a bug, let me know! Thanks!

Enjoy!

Cliff :)
Last edited by Cliff Cawley on January 11th, 2008, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby SLoB » March 4th, 2007, 5:40 am

Great work Cliff, I'm glad you decided to consider BASS, hope i didnt push for it too much ;)
Once the bugs are sorted out again this is going to be a great next offical build, you should feel proud that the player has achieved shed loads more functionality since the 1.58 build

ok, initial findings
just installed (did not uninstall 72)

installation went ok and started up Xion
skin displayed but no song on play pressed, opened up PL to find that the grey bar is flitting randomly on all of the 9 mp3s in the playlist, also playlist times are borked 81:59:43 for 1 track which is only bout 5 mins long

still no track playing at this point

double clicking on an mp3 in the list does not start the song and removes the pl time on right hand side column
still gray bar flitting randomly on all mp3s

think it might be the default sound device, it has defaulted to No sound
emptied playlist, dragged 1 m4a into skin, started playing once device selected

in pl added whole album m4a, the flitting thing is still randomising even if one file selected and its stopped playing

cannot drag and drop m4as into the pl now

view song info on m4a, Xion crashes
drag and drop m4a onto skin not working now either

ok it seems m4as, wmas cannot be dragged and dropped to the pl whereas mp3s can

not tested any other formats, is ther a restriction on the pl to only show mp3s?
wma files not playing

the odd random crash seems to come back from hovering over/clicking buttons

perhaps opening up the cfg page to the output tab once Xion is installed and started (or installed and started for the first time at another point in time) so that the user can make sure the device has not defaulted to No sound, or fix the drop down so that default selected is primary sound driver rather than No sound

i'm sure there will be more bugs to report through usage
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 4th, 2007, 10:03 am

SLoB Wrote:Great work Cliff, I'm glad you decided to consider BASS, hope i didnt push for it too much ;)
Once the bugs are sorted out again this is going to be a great next offical build, you should feel proud that the player has achieved shed loads more functionality since the 1.58 build

ok, initial findings
just installed (did not uninstall 72)

installation went ok and started up Xion
skin displayed but no song on play pressed, opened up PL to find that the grey bar is flitting randomly on all of the 9 mp3s in the playlist, also playlist times are borked 81:59:43 for 1 track which is only bout 5 mins long

still no track playing at this point

double clicking on an mp3 in the list does not start the song and removes the pl time on right hand side column
still gray bar flitting randomly on all mp3s

think it might be the default sound device, it has defaulted to No sound
emptied playlist, dragged 1 m4a into skin, started playing once device selected

in pl added whole album m4a, the flitting thing is still randomising even if one file selected and its stopped playing

cannot drag and drop m4as into the pl now

view song info on m4a, Xion crashes
drag and drop m4a onto skin not working now either

ok it seems m4as, wmas cannot be dragged and dropped to the pl whereas mp3s can

not tested any other formats, is ther a restriction on the pl to only show mp3s?
wma files not playing

the odd random crash seems to come back from hovering over/clicking buttons

perhaps opening up the cfg page to the output tab once Xion is installed and started (or installed and started for the first time at another point in time) so that the user can make sure the device has not defaulted to No sound, or fix the drop down so that default selected is primary sound driver rather than No sound

i'm sure there will be more bugs to report through usage

Cheers, thanks for the report SLoB!

I've now fixed all issues you've raised except for the random crash and the crash when viewing tags on m4a. Perhaps it is the m4a file that you have that could help reproduce it.

I will build a new version and upload it soon.

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 4th, 2007, 10:09 am

SLoB Wrote:also playlist times are borked 81:59:43 for 1 track which is only bout 5 mins long

Yes, this will be a problem for anyone who has used the beta versions. I will add an option to re-get all track times. The problem is because I saved the Milliseconds tracklength instead of the seconds tracklength to the .m3u files. I just realised this in build 73 and have therefore fixed it.

Shouldn't be a problem for users going from build 58 though.

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Return to Beta Builds