Xion Audio Player

Xion 1.0 build 99 Beta Release

Beta Builds of Xion. These are builds that are not quite ready for Release, but need feedback and bug submissions in order to move it to Release Status

Postby Cliff Cawley » April 13th, 2008, 4:14 pm

WARNING:
This is a Beta Build. That means it has fixes and features that are NEW. It is also possible it has bugs that are NEW! If you are looking for stability, please don't expect this build to be perfectly stable. It may have issues. If on the other hand you are happy to try this build out and post any bugs back in this thread, then please do!

Download Installer Version:
r2 Studios Server -> http://www.r2.com.au/downloads/files/beta/qa-xion_v1.0b99.exe
OR
Xion Server -> http://xion.r2.com.au/download/beta/qa-xion_v1.0b99.exe

Changelist:
  • Remove 'Default Windows Device' from the Output dropdown. Its not needed.
  • Fix a lot of WebStream/Icy Radio issues
  • Reactivate the ability to seek URL streams (i.e. not ICY streams) as they are downloading. Full seeking is available when download is complete
  • SliderBit will now be invisible if you can't seek a stream
  • Fix reading of tags from a URL stream (i.e. not ICY stream) as its being downloaded
  • URL Stream will begin playing after its downloaded about 5 seconds worth of audio (and keep streaming the in background till its 100% downloaded)
  • Fix parsing of WMA tags
  • Fix If stream is paused and you press next, it won't play properly
  • Fix Track time not being read for current loaded file when its in the NO_FILE state
  • Fix playing a directory not working correctly when in Random mode
  • Add balance_left and balance_right buttons for changing the balance by buttons
  • Fix detection of Balance button as optimization killed it
  • Add support for progress forward/rewind (progress_forward/progress_rewind)
  • Add repeating to volume_increase/_decrease, progress_forward/_rewind and balance_left/_right so that you can hold down on the buttons with the mouse instead of constantly clicking
  • Add support for Progress Forward/Rewind and Balance Left/Right to the Hotkeys
  • Fix XionWindows hiding when they are visible but minimized. Instead they will now show first. This includes such windows as the playlist, library, etc

If you find bugs specifically related to this build, please post them here instead of the Bug reporting forum. Any feedback positive or negative should also go in here, no new threads. This way all feedback, etc related to this build will be in the one place.

ABOUT THIS BUILD:

Lots of fixes in this one as well as some new features. I've tested the new features and am confident that they will cause no problems. (They are the new balance buttons as well as the progress buttons for skipping +5/-5 seconds, including HotKeys for both).

You'll also notice that you can hold down on these buttons and they'll continue to repeat as though you kept pressing on them! :)

If all goes well, I'll release build 100!

Enjoy!

Cliff :)
Last edited by Cliff Cawley on May 31st, 2008, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby logokas » April 13th, 2008, 9:16 pm

Works fine so far. Will stress teset it for the instability i experienced in 98.

Oh yeah, for some reason, Xion can never overlap Windowblinds. The visuals Windowblinds produces seem to have more priority then Xion. It's only visually, as the controls are still clickable through it, but it doesn't look very nice.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Lance » April 13th, 2008, 9:35 pm

Excelent, downloading now. I'm so glad netstreaming works now, with updating track info :D Happy days.

Hey I know this isn't a place for requests as such, but there's something I'd like to mention. Could you give the option to save all the preference settings like hotkeys and such, to a file? I'm finding it quite annoying having to reset all my hotkeys each time.

Thanks so much for your time and effort Cliff. Very much appreciated! :!: ;)

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » April 13th, 2008, 11:32 pm

Lance Wrote:Hey I know this isn't a place for requests as such, but there's something I'd like to mention. Could you give the option to save all the preference settings like hotkeys and such, to a file? I'm finding it quite annoying having to reset all my hotkeys each time.

Not sure I follow what you mean? All settings are saved to Settings.dat.

When you get a new build, you can just install it over the top. Are you doing this, or are you Uninstalling first? If you're uninstalling first, no wonder you are asking for this :P

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Lance » April 14th, 2008, 12:35 am

Ahh lol. Yeah I've been uninstalling. I just figured it would make it as fresh as possible. I'll intall over the top in the future. Sorry about that!

Peace, Lance

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby ALAS » April 14th, 2008, 2:51 am

yeah, we got our auto-repeat functions !! :D

logokas Wrote: ... Xion can never overlap Windowblinds. The visuals Windowblinds produces seem to have more priority then Xion. It's only visually, as the controls are still clickable through it, but it doesn't look very nice.

I´m also using windowblinds, without any problems (Vista). What exactly do you mean with ´can never overlap´ and ´more priority´? The main interface or the playlist/library windows?

---
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » April 14th, 2008, 3:03 am

no need to uninstall, just rename the xion folder to something else, then install the new version
then you can migrate things over quickly
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Lance » April 14th, 2008, 3:09 am

SLoB Wrote:no need to uninstall, just rename the xion folder to something else, then install the new version
then you can migrate things over quickly

Aye man I'll just make a copy of what I need. I installed over the top the first time I updated, but decided it would be more fresh with uninstall, less bugs and stuff, lol. I don't know, I'm all about FRESH hehe 8)

Peace, Lance

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » April 14th, 2008, 3:11 am

you a prince? heheh

the rename is all u need as all things run from there, saves uninstall mlarkey :)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Lance » April 14th, 2008, 3:18 am

SLoB Wrote:you a prince? heheh

the rename is all u need as all things run from there, saves uninstall mlarkey :)

Hahah. Nah, I'm not quite as cool looking :P

About the Always On Top. I don't use windowsblinds, but I'm running a custom theme using StyleXP. I also run into certain things that overlap the player even when it's set to on top. For example, the edges of certain panels in Photoshop, but only sometimes. This bug isn't very consistent so it's hard to pinpoint exactly what's causing it.

Peace, Lance

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby logokas » April 14th, 2008, 3:24 am

That's what i mean.

Using Windowblinds 6 on XP.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby zeroone » April 14th, 2008, 4:21 am

\:D/ Hooray for +/- 5 second commands! \:D/
zeroone
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » April 14th, 2008, 7:13 am

logokas Wrote:Image

That's what i mean.

Wow, I've never seen that before! :shock:

Is it perhaps just that skin or does it do it with all Windowblinds skins?

I don't use Windowblinds, does anyone else experience this when using it?

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby UnseenRage » April 14th, 2008, 7:15 am

I have seen that happen a couple of times on my computer.
UnseenRage
Xion Supporter

Postby ALAS » April 14th, 2008, 7:47 am

logokas Wrote:Image

That's what i mean.

hmm, strange, never saw anything like this together with WB. I assume you have the latest version of WB.
ALAS
Xion Fan

Next

Return to Beta Builds