hirameki

Post your latest skin designs and receive feedback before you release

Postby cerberux » September 9th, 2009, 8:10 pm

okey dokie, thanks Slob
cerberux
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » September 13th, 2009, 10:30 am

cerberux Wrote:for the repeat indicator
I'm on build 120 and when I have both repeatall and repeattrk in there, the repeatall won't hide itself even when repeat is off (it was fine when I only had repeat)

Hi cerberux,

I found the reason why your repeatall layer doesn't hide correctly. It's because you named the layer "ind_repeatall" instead of "indi_repeatall" (You missed the i :P)

So yes, not a Xion bug ;)

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby SLoB » September 13th, 2009, 9:36 pm

hmm, that gets me thinking of a possible plugin for ps, intellisense layernames ;)
or at least a script that could go through the layer names and highlight ones not matching patterns/regex
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Cliff Cawley » September 13th, 2009, 10:07 pm

SLoB Wrote:hmm, that gets me thinking of a possible plugin for ps, intellisense layernames ;)
or at least a script that could go through the layer names and highlight ones not matching patterns/regex

I've thought about perhaps a utility that could do that, however I think it would display too many false positives to bother with. I mean layer names could contain anything, they don't need to just contain keywords.

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby cerberux » September 14th, 2009, 12:19 am

I found the reason why your repeatall layer doesn't hide correctly. It's because you named the layer "ind_repeatall" instead of "indi_repeatall" (You missed the i Razz)

doh! can't believe I made a typo like that... thanks for pointing it out and sorry for the troubles :D
cerberux
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » September 14th, 2009, 6:14 am

Cliff Cawley Wrote:
SLoB Wrote:hmm, that gets me thinking of a possible plugin for ps, intellisense layernames ;)

I've thought about perhaps a utility that could do that, however I think it would display too many false positives to bother with. I mean layer names could contain anything, they don't need to just contain keywords.

Oh yea, the main thing would be to just list really and flag up any potential issues and to provide a list of layer names regardless of content, would be easier to spot any issues rather than looking at the PSD more than anything.
it could look for indi and anything with in, ind, ini etc.. kind of thing just to highlight potential issues as a pre final check or troubleshooting kind of script.
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby cerberux » September 16th, 2009, 7:18 pm

hey great idea on the utility thing... sounds like it would be very useful for careless people like me lol

On an unrelated note, I made some progress with the skin (well one of the skins anyway) :D
cerberux
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » September 17th, 2009, 12:16 am

That looks excellent! Very nice use of colors.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby cerberux » September 17th, 2009, 1:57 pm

thanks! :D
I'm happy with the way the colours turned out too. Hopefully I can finish this one...
cerberux
Xion Supporter

Previous

Return to Pre-Release Skin Designs