Xion Audio Player

Spec / Osc flip on variable

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby deema » April 21st, 2014, 8:37 am

the visual to flip from spec to osc depending on a variable's level being hit. In the video i demonstrate if it was occuring on a bass hit or something similar. Im way too tired to go into more detail, should be pretty obvious by the video, what i mean. I am just manually clicking spec and osc to show the desired effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td8ELUt3 ... e=youtu.be
Splinter, Anything Can Be Anything

Blood type O Negative, I bleed zeros and ones
deema
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » April 21st, 2014, 2:57 pm

Nice effect, I think you might be able to fake it without this feature though.

You could create your own custom vis that does the osc part (as you can't see it all) and just show it on some bass levels using animtype(9) for bass. Just have some blank frames when you don't want it to show, and when you do, fill them in.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby deema » April 22nd, 2014, 12:16 pm

Cliff Cawley Wrote:Nice effect, I think you might be able to fake it without this feature though.

You could create your own custom vis that does the osc part (as you can't see it all) and just show it on some bass levels using animtype(9) for bass. Just have some blank frames when you don't want it to show, and when you do, fill them in.

Cliff :)

Nice. Good idea. I will try, thx

deema
Xion Supporter

Postby deema » May 18th, 2014, 10:34 am

Hi. I am in a pickle. Can other layers be triggered by a spectums level, for whatever variable that needs to be set, in any way? If it hits a certain peak, a layer can be triggered? Or a modify command can occur? No way to trigger a modify function or anything?

deema
Xion Supporter

Postby Lance » May 19th, 2014, 3:22 am

deema Wrote:Hi. I am in a pickle. Can other layers be triggered by a spectums level, for whatever variable that needs to be set, in any way? If it hits a certain peak, a layer can be triggered? Or a modify command can occur? No way to trigger a modify function or anything?

In principle, yes. You would use animations for the spectrum levels and place the modifiers on the frame names.

For example, this is a volume animation which triggers something when it's 80% volume. I labeled them just for clarity.

I say in principle because despite it working, I'm not sure how practical it would be seen as it'd be triggered continuously as the volume bounces around. I guess it depends on what exactly you wish to trigger and how.
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Return to Feature Requests