Xion Audio Player

[added: 110] Sliderbit Animation Set

Added features are moved here for archival purposes, usually marked with the build number they were added in.

Postby Lance » March 11th, 2009, 11:08 am

I've tried to explain this thing a few times before but the topics just turned into a giant tumbleweed. So, I'll try one last time. Here goes.

All I want to suggest is for a sliderbit to be an animation itself. So for a quick example, imagine a sliderbit having a blinking light on it. Easy to imagine? Well that's as simple as I can explain it. So in place of having a single sliderbit layer, you would have and animation set named something like "sliderbit animation etc etc".

*fingers crossed*

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby OfficerMike07 » March 11th, 2009, 11:18 am

seconded!

But I'd also like to add the prospect of being able to use keywords in the layers of the sliderbit animation group. Back when I first found Xion, I had an idea for a skin that had the play/pause/next/prev on a rather large volume sliderbit. I quickly found out that wasn't possible. I'd like to revisit that concept if it becomes possible...
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby xonenine » March 11th, 2009, 12:37 pm

the simplest way I do that with some programs is pan the texture (or in this case you can call it a sliderbit) the ability to have certain textures pan would add other possibilities too, like for volume anims, text effects.I remember in another skinning app a texture could be like 20 x 200, but the layer area allowed to show on the skin was 20 x 20.
I dont want to make it sound more complicated but scrolling, panning, or animated textures would be very useful for alot of things.Anyway, maybe thats a less taxing process than animating.It really works nice for flashing lights and such. If it were possible overall to manipulate textures, I bet in the end that would make trying to make all these ideas alot more achievable:)

You know, I aint right in the haid, sorry, what I want would maybe work for you but its different than what you had in mind i"ll request theses texture things seperately
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Jikaru » March 12th, 2009, 7:05 am

it would be nice to have a sb_anim layer group that would instead of slide, show the layers according to points specified by a simple windows app, the amount of layers in the anim group would specify how many points there are in the slider and when you click on a point it displays in xion the amount of layers in ascending or descending order from photoshop specified in the layer. That's the only way I can imagine this working.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 13th, 2009, 12:13 am

Lance Wrote:All I want to suggest is for a sliderbit to be an animation itself. So for a quick example, imagine a sliderbit having a blinking light on it. Easy to imagine? Well that's as simple as I can explain it. So in place of having a single sliderbit layer, you would have and animation set named something like "sliderbit animation etc etc".

Added for build 110. I made my animation play rather fast so I've got an annoying blinking glowing light on my volume bar :P Of course adding 'fadebetween' to the animation now makes it a really nice soft glowing light :D

Just make sure you create your animation set directly above the slider you want to use it for, and add the sliderbit keyword as well as the animation keyword. (exactly as you envisioned)

OfficerMike07 Wrote:But I'd also like to add the prospect of being able to use keywords in the layers of the sliderbit animation group. Back when I first found Xion, I had an idea for a skin that had the play/pause/next/prev on a rather large volume sliderbit. I quickly found out that wasn't possible. I'd like to revisit that concept if it becomes possible...

I kind of follow you. Only some layers are allowed currently as animation layer sets are only meant for animations. None of them buttons though. What exactly are you trying to achieve? You want the play/pause/next/prev buttons to follow the sliderbit as its gets moved around with the volume? Seems like a rather large feature for only one or two uses.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Lance » March 13th, 2009, 5:10 am

Duuuude thank you! :D
I feel so spoilt lately :lol:

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Return to Feature Requests - Added